The Syracuse University MS Applied Data Science degree is an 18 month program to equip students to be the next generation of data scientists. The demand for the role is incredible and Glassdoor has ranked data science as the #1 best job in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The goals and outcomes of the program:
- Understanding of the broad range of data science practice areas.
- Exploratory data analysis which includes the collection, cleaning and organization of data.
- Show others the patterns in data through visualizations and analysis developed using statistics and data mining techniques.
- Ability to communicate the business impact of recommendations with alternative options.
- Technical and project management skills to deliver the agreed upon functionality based on business decisions.
- Communication skill to explain up, down and across an organization in non-technical language.
- Understand the ethical implications of data science and the philosophy of “doing no harm” with data.
Ranked #19 by U.S. News and World Report for the Best Online Master’s in Computer Information Technology for 2020.